Monday, August 18, 2014

Little M's Six Month Update

Yesterday, our little man turned 6 months old.  I have to be honest, these months have been very challenging.  But as I look back at how far he has come, I'm so proud of him.  From the most serious and many times crankiest baby, to now, the baby with the best belly laugh.  From teeny tiny to chunky monkey.  And though he is still behind in gross motor skills, I see improvements everyday.

What's new with Little M:

He almost always wakes up between 4 and 5am and is ready for the day.  Sometimes I can get him back to sleep, but other days we lay awake in my bed for a couple more hours while the rest of the house gets their sleep.  Someone suggested night weaning, so we tried it, but it didn't work.  I've given up trying to control things.  I just need to let go and let God.

For a long time, Little M would not take naps in his crib.  If I got him to sleep, he would wake up screaming 10 to 25 minutes later.  And I couldn't get him back to sleep again.  Then another blogger posted on her Facebook page, "Give me your best baby sleep tips."  I had to read them.  Someone commented with, "Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit."  So I looked it up.  It described my little guy perfectly.  Though I was so skeptical, I was desperate to try anything.  We bought it, we tried it, and IT WORKED!  I no longer have to hold Little M in my arms to take a nap.  He sleeps peacefully in his crib.  Part of me really enjoyed snuggling him close, but I knew I could not do that forever.

He is now teething.  I am so thankful that Mister Man Pants allowed me to review their Baltic Amber Teething Necklace.  I can definitely see a difference when he doesn't have it on.  So now, we have it on 24/7.  I'm giving one away too, so go enter!

He had his first solids yesterday and loved it!  I asked my blog Facebook friends what baby food Little M should eat first.  I think most of you said avocado and I was leaning towards that, but they weren't ripe enough in time.  So it will probably be his second food.  We chose banana instead.

He has been approved for in-home physical therapy but has yet to start.  We are just waiting for the call in the next couple of weeks.  I'm really looking forward to it and I hope it makes a world of difference.

He weighs 17 pounds and 13 ounces (56%).

His height is 25 and a half inches (9%).

His head is steady at 46 (99%).  Yes, I have a smart boy!

Watch Little M grow:






18 comments:

  1. From those rolls, I can't believe he's only 56% in weight ;). What a cutie! So glad that he's sleeping better, teething better with the necklace and enjoying solid food. I hope the next 6 months are the road to improvement. It certainly won't get easier but at least you can enjoy it :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know, he's a chunker. Thank you for the encouragement. I'm so proud of how far he has come.

      Delete
  2. I'm totally looking up these things that are working for you! My little man is a month older than yours! I think he may be starting to teethe as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Michelle! Teething is so tough on both mama and baby!

      Delete
  3. He's beautiful! Our chunky man is in the 50th percentile for weight, it's hard to believe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! You have a chunky monkey too! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness he has grown!! I love your pictures!! I am so glad you found something that helped him sleep better because Mommas need naptime...it's the only reason I am on here right now it's nap time here for the little ones and quiet time of the older ones. :) I will have to try that teething necklace out our little man is 15 months now and only has 5 teeth and those took a while to finally break so I need something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is growing, too quickly. What do you do for quiet time for your older ones? I need some ideas for Big C. I am so thankful he is napping now. Yay! I feel like a new woman with that time for me. Good luck with the teething! I saw a huge difference with the necklace.

      Delete
  5. Aw! I love the month progression pictures!! I will definitely have to look up the Baby Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit....I have been in your exact situation and it's exhausting!! I do have to voucher for teething necklaces...they are miracle curers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the sleep suit. I was so skeptical, but so thankful that it really did work. Yes, I LOVE the teething necklace. So helpful!

      Delete
  6. Awww too cute!!! What a clever and cute idea to use the stuffed animal for the progression photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yvonne! I learned that idea from a nurse at the hospital.

      Delete
  7. Aww! Your little M is super cute!! My little man is almost 6 months too and he just started to teethe as well :-)

    Fiona N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy! Good luck with the teething. I hope you entered the teething necklace giveaway. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the stuffed monkey in all the photos! I will have to do that with my little one as soon as he comes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so fun to watch him grow.

      Delete
  9. What a cute little guy. Our boy is our happiest baby. Our two girls are pretty happy and wonderful, but Drew almost always wakes up happy, smiling, and giggling!

    ReplyDelete