Thursday, February 6, 2014

Stuck

This is how I feel . . . Stuck.

Each long day goes by and I'm stuck in this hospital bed. I want so badly to escape and get back to living life.  I want to be with my family and take care of them.  I want to be in my real life routine, not this.

Stuck in bed everyday.
Stuck with needles everyday.
Stuck with relying on others for everything.

It's been hard to ask for help. I never want to put a burden on someone else. But This past week, I've had to learn to let go and let others take over. It's the only way I'll make it through being stuck.

God has brought me so many people to help me through.
Friends are cooking dinners for my family.
They pick up Baby C for play dates.
They visit me, keep me company, bring me lunch, books and magazines.
I don't know what I would do without them.

As another long day goes by, I pray for
Strength to make it through another day
Health as I feel my body being overtaken by antibiotics
God's perfect timing

As for our little man, he is staying strong and healthy. And our goal is for a safe delivery on February 17th.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Mandi! I can't imagine what's it's like just being stuck at the hospital! So happy to hear that friends are helping you out (and that you were able to ask for help) by making food & taking C out to play. Such blessings! Stay safe! Hoping for a safe delivery on Feb 17.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I don't know what I would do without the kindness of friends and even strangers.

      Delete
  2. Thank God your hospital stay will produce a gift of life! Continue to pray for patience and strength!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Praying for you. I was on bed rest in with Lu at 28 weeks. I had a placental tear and had to stay in the hospital a week before they sent me home to lay in my bed. It was awful. I am glad that you have such an amazing group of people to help you. If you need to vent, send me an email! I will listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for listening, Melanie! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. I can't imagine how hard it is to be "stuck". Praying for strength and patience.... it will be God's perfect timing. :)
    You are blessed with many family and friends who love you! I'm sure it is not a burden at all for them...this is why God put these people in our lives. You would do the same for them :)
    Hang in there Mandi! Praying for a safe and smooth delivery. Your little man is in our prayers! (((hugs))) - Eva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva! You are right, God puts special people in our lives for a reason.

      Delete