Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Is She Teething?

God has blessed us with such an easy-going baby (knock on wood).  She rarely cries, often plays independently, and lays down easily for bedtime and naps.  Even her teething process has been a breeze . . . until last week.

Baby C was in rare form last week.  She woke up crying in the morning and IF she took a nap.  She cried if I sat her down.  She cried if I put her down to nap.  The only thing she wanted to do was be held.  And held her I did.  We spent most of our day rocking in Grandma's rocking chair.

I absolutely loved the cuddle time, but I was so sad for the circumstances.  She was definitely in pain.  It seemed as if it was teething pain.  She put everything in her mouth, including her paci, which she usually only uses when she falls asleep.  She was drooling a lot too.  All signs of teething, right?

Baby C is doing much better this week, than last.  But she still can be a little irritable and usually wants her paci.  Have you experienced this before with your child(ren)?  Any tips to keep her comfy if it happens again?
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 



6 comments:

  1. Poor baby and mommy :( Her eye teeth may be coming in and those {I've been told} can be more difficult. For some reason our babies liked to chew on pickles, you just have to watch them closely and make sure it's not a baby-dill. I like the teethers that go in the freezer, too. Get well soon Baby C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenny, what are the "eye" teeth? Are those the molars? Thank you for the tips! I did give her cold apple slices and she seemed to like that.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like she is definitely teething. My little lady has been having those issues lately too. Especially with the red cheeks I see in that picture you posted. Red cheeks, I have found is a good tell-tale sign of teething too. The eye teeth are also referred to as the k-9 teeth I think, they are the ones on the top that are pointy and a bit longer than the rest? You have your first four front teeth, and then the eye teeth are next. :-) Hang in there. Another good option is to get a washcloth wet with really cold water, my daughter likes that as well for relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, thanks for explaining eye teeth to me. I still haven't seen any new teeth yet. So weird. How long does it take for them to pop through, my goodness! This picture was taken almost 2 months ago when she was Miss Independent. We live in CO, so her cheeks get dried out quickly. Thanks for your tips!

      Delete