Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year's Prayer

Lord, this year I want to change,
and I've said that in the past.
But now my prayer is different,
'cause I understand at last.

I wanted my own way before,
I ignored your loving plans.
But now I'm putting everything
into your nailed-scarred hands.

I promise to obey you
out of gratitude and love.
I won't be giving orders
to my Father up above.

I finally realized the truth
and so I've changed my prayer.
The safest place for me to be
is in your gentle care.

Please be my shepherd, Jesus,
that's all I ask of you.
In good times and in bad this year,
take my hand and lead me through.

Amen.

Written by Zack Zavada

5 comments:

  1. I love this, I think I am going to copy this and put it in the front of my journal for 2012! Love your blog and thanks for the comment on my blog and for being my latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this prayer/poem too, Pat! Thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete